Today's Branding Exercise:
Create Your List of Brand Values
Part 1: Hunt & Gather
- Download and print the list.
- Read through the list and circle any and all of the values that feel meaningful to you. Don't worry about having "too many" or "too similar" ones at this point. We're exploring and feeling into what sparks energy for you.
- When you're done, review the list by writing it out on a separate sheet, or typing it onto a fresh page on your computer.
Part 2: Separate the Wheat From the Chaff
- Look at the list through your "business owner" eyes. What are the values that you bring to your work with clients? Are there any items on the list that you hold as personal values, but don't necessarily hold as business values? Cross out the ones that are solely personal, and keep the ones that you're excited to claim for your business
- Now look at the list through the eyes of your favorite client(s). If you put yourself in their shoes, which are the ones that feel most magnetic to them? Highlight the ones that would resonate most with your clients.
- Finally, review the list to see if there are any that feel too similar or redundant. Choose the one that gives you the most energy one from the group and delete the rest.
Save these values for our exercise tomorrow, where I'll show you how to talk about each value in a way that engages your clients and uses your own voice.
Do you have a value that wasn't on this list?
I'd love to hear it if you're willing to share it! Comment below so I can add it to the list. :)